Please review the following guidelines based on Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and KKFI policies. This will help you present yourself and your ideas in the most effective way. Please ask your show host if you have any questions; and submit the form when you have read and understood these guidelines.
- Do not use any obscene, indecent, or profane language, sexual innuendo, or descriptions of sexual or excretory organs or activities that would be offensive to most members of our community.
- Do not tell or encourage our listeners to purchase any product or service, patronize any business, or attend any for-profit event.
- Do not announce prices for any event, product, or service; you may not tell our listeners that admission to a for- profit event is free or there is no charge because the FCC considers that to be a price announcement. You may say that admission to a not-for-profit event is free or at no charge.
- You may describe your religious beliefs if they are relevant to the interview, but do not proselytize or evangelize; that is, do not encourage our listeners to adopt your religious beliefs, do not promote your religion over any other religion, and do not denigrate the beliefs of others.
- Do not attack the personal honesty, character, integrity, or other personal qualities of any private citizen or say anything disrespectful about any ethnic or racial group, gender, or sexual orientation.
- At the beginning or end of a short interview or, every 15-20 minutes during a longer interview, you may announce your contact information (phone number, web address, etc.) and any venue at which you will be performing or your work will be on display.
- Only beverages in spill-proof containers are allowed in the on-air studio, and these must be kept well away from the equipment; no food is allowed.
If you violate any of these broadcast rules, the host of the show will use the 7-second delay button to prevent your words from being broadcast and has the authority to end the interview immediately.