“CLEAN MO” Amendment 1 endorsed by LWV-KC
The Clean Missouri campaign for Amendment 1 on this November’s ballot was officially endorsed by the League of Women Voters of Kansas City. The League’s endorsement was announced in a press conference Wednesday, August 15. Amendment 1 reads as follows:
Shall the Missouri Constitution be amended to:
• change process and criteria for redrawing state legislative districts during reapportionment;
• change limits on campaign contributions that candidates for state legislature can accept from individuals or entities;
• establish a limit on gifts that state legislators, and their employees, can accept from paid lobbyists;
• prohibit state legislators, and their employees, from serving as paid lobbyists for a period of time;
• prohibit political fundraising by candidates for or members of the state legislature on State property; and
• require legislative records and proceedings to be open to the public?
State governmental entities estimate annual operating costs may increase by $189,000. Local governmental entities report no fiscal impact.