From misconceptions about people who have committed sexual offenses, to educational opportunities with our children to prevent sexual violence, we can learn about ourselves from studying how society treats sex offenders. Join David Bell as he speaks with Dr. Amy Griffith for this insightful and thought-provoking discussion.
They talk about misconceptions we need to expose in order to better understand the problem.
We’ll play our calendar at the midpoint of the hour.
On Jaws of Justice, we examine how to find justice in our society. Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are.
Calendar for the week of March 28th:
If you haven’t been vaccinated yet, you can find a vaccine. See the FAQS at https://www.kcmo.gov/city-hall/departments/health/coronavirus
- Legal Aid of Western Missouri can provide free civil legal services to low-income and vulnerable people who live in Jackson CTY MO. Interested individuals can call 816-474-6750 to apply.
- For Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense virtual meetings this week, go to https://momsdemandaction.org/events/. All are welcome, mothers and others. KS Moms meeting MON 3-28 7:30 PM on Zoom
- FRI, April 1st, 10 AM – 3 PM Missouri Day of Empathy Day is an online event supporting community safety and criminal justice reform. Access link is available on our pages. https://act.thedreamcorps.org/event/DOE-2022/158?source=dcweb-redirect
- SAT, April 2nd 9 AM, The Assault on Reproductive Freedom, a virtual event hosted by League of Women Voters of Johnson County KS, open to anyone on or off Facebook. Reproductive freedom is, once again, under attack in Kansas. You can join us for a robust discussion about the importance of defeating the August 2022 ballot measure to amend the Kansas Constitution. Learn how you can protect the right to control personal decisions about reproductive health and abortion care. Panelists include Rachel Sweet, campaign manager for Kansans for Constitutional Freedom and former regional director of public policy and organizing with Planned Parenthood Great Plains, Dr. Alesha Doan, associate dean of College of Liberal Arts and Sciences and professor of Women, Gender & Sexuality Studies and School of Public Affairs & Administration at the University of Kansas, and Dr. Susan Rensing, teaching associate professor of Gender, Women, and Sexuality Studies and graduate faculty member in the Master of Public Health Program at Kansas State University, and vice-chair of the board of directors of the Flint Hills Wellness Coalition. You can register in advance for this webinar on Facebook. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
- A list of services, meals, and hot lines are available at https://lawrenceprogressivecalendar.blogspot.com/. The list is updated daily.
Please take care of yourselves and others.