Jaws of Justice host David Bell speaks with Laura Mars, Founder of KeyPoint Counselling Services, LLC, a mental health and counseling practice established in 1992.
Their discussion will center on sex offenders, their family and the treatment for both. How should these individuals be treated, not only by the criminal justice system, but generally as well. When we open the dialogue, you might be repelled at the topic and choose not to listen. That is understandable. Nevertheless, sex offense is a chronic problem in our society and we can only change the problem if we shine a light on the issue in order to understand it. Sex is a good thing; it does not have to be offensive.
We believe we can do a better job. Particularly if we examine ourselves for ingrained stereotypes and continue the work toward a fair society.
We hope you TUNE IN TO KKFI 90.1 FM https://kkfi.org/listen/
On Jaws of Justice, we investigate how to achieve justice in America.
“Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are.”
Calendar for the week of October 18th:
- Legal Aid of Western Missouri can provide free civil legal services to low-income and vulnerable people who live in Jackson CTY MO. Interested individuals can call 816-474-6750 to apply.
- For Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense virtual meetings this week, go to https://momsdemandaction.org/events/. All are welcome, mothers and others.
- The Kansas City Chapter of Missouri Citizens United for the Rehabilitation of Errants has a monthly virtual meeting. MO CURE advocates for the human rights of prisoners in Missouri prisons and jails as well as those who have returned to society. For info call Keith Brown El at 816-377-2873.
- MON October 18th, MON Meets: 3 PM, an Online event hosted by The Willow Domestic Violence Center. On Facebook Live
- TUES, Oct. 19th, 6:30 PM, The Sum of Us: What Racism Costs Everyone and How We Can Prosper Together presented by author, strategist and political commentator Heather McGhee and Joni Wickham, who was chief of staff to former Mayor Sly James. Watch the presentation live online at https://www.youtube.com/user/kclibrary.
- THURS, Oct. 21st, 5 PM Hope and Healing Support Group at the KC Mothers in Charge office, 3200 Wayne Ave #124, Kansas City, MO.. Special guest speaker will be Jackson County Prosecutor Jean Peters Baker. #StoptheViolence #WeWillAlwaysRememberThem
- A list of services, meals, and hot lines are available at blogspot.com. It is updated daily.
Thanks to all our listeners, stay close to your dial and stay well!