Monday, June 6th, host Bev Livingston will speak with Anne Calvert, President, League of Women Voters of Kansas City/Jackson, Clay & Platte Counties.
Their conversation will be about the importance and process of voter registration. You can tune in to hear facts about restrictions about the formerly incarcerated and learn the truth, rather than the myths about the voting rights of those tangled in the criminal justice system. You will learn about the timeline and deadlines for upcoming elections, learn online registration and other options.
There will be an event on Saturday, June 25th, 2022 from 10 AM until 1 PM. This is an opportunity for bi-state voter registration at Grove Park, 1500 Benton BLVD, Kansas City MO.
This show will begin at 9:15 AM. Our calendar for this week will only be available on our Facebook page or on the episode at https://kkfi.org/program/jaws-of-justice-radio/.
We are celebrating KKFI – now is the pledge drive! Listeners are aware that Jaws of Justice is produced weekly by KKFI volunteers, and we need to ask you to support KKFI, YOUR Community Radio Station. We bring you vital information underserved or ignored by mainstream media.
We pride ourselves on digging in and sharing the issues that entertain and inform our listeners by providing a curated, unique and independent voice. Remember, KKFI is supported by our listeners, local businesses and organizations that share our mission.
It costs at least $60 to broadcast one hour of Jaws of Justice Radio Hour. If you would like to own an hour of Jaws of Justice, please call us at 888-931-0901 or go online to https://kkfi.org/ and click the donate button.
If you share KKFI’s mission of providing an independent voice to music and information underserved or ignored by mainstream media, consider becoming a Sustaining Member today.
Please tune in https://kkfi.org/listen/
On Jaws of Justice, we examine how to find justice in our society. Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are.
Calendar for the week of June 6th:
If you haven’t been vaccinated yet, you can find a vaccine. See the FAQS at https://www.kcmo.gov
- Legal Aid of Western Missouri can provide free legal assistance to low-income and vulnerable Jackson County homeowners who fall behind on their payments and face foreclosure. Interested individuals can call 816-474-6750 to apply.
- You can find Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense events at https://momsdemandaction.org/events/. Open to all, Mothers and others!
- TUES, June 7th, 6 PM, NTOSAKE: We Are the Women We’ve Been Waiting For…, an online event, more info at More2 on Facebook.
- THURS, June 9th, 6:30, Lawrence Kansas Public Library and on Zoom, This is Not Dixie author Brent Campney speaks on rewriting the narrative on mob action, race relations, African American resistance and racism’s grim past in the heartland. More info and to register https://lplks.org/
21 Pillars Heartland Tour: Empowering Communities to Redefine Public Safety
Thursday, June 9, 2022
Reception: 5:30 p.m.
Program: 6 p.m.
Plaza Branch, 4801 Main St.
Details | RSVPIn an extraordinary community forum, local leaders and national experts examine the troubling patterns of violent discriminatory policing and how, collaboratively, we can build a more restorative justice system. National Urban League President and CEO Marc Morial and Gwen Grant of the Urban League of Greater Kansas City examine the issues before Donald Cravins Jr., the National Urban League’s executive vice president and COO, moderates a panel discussion.
- FRI, June 10th, 7 PM at City Hall, 6 E. 6th ST, Lawrence KS, Lynching Marker Dedication.
- SAT, June 11th, 1 and 3 PM, no cost screening for documentary about Lawrence KS lynching in 1882: Then Three were Taken. At Watkins Museum or online, https://www.watkinsmuseum.org/ for more information.
- A list of services, meals, and hot lines are available at https://lawrenceprogressivecalendar.blogspot.com/. It is updated daily.
Please take care of yourselves and others. Thanks to all our listeners, stay close to your dial and stay well!