Meg Fowler, Resource Center Coordinator at Kansas Suicide Prevention HQ (KSPHQ) will discuss the rise in suicides in America since 1999. She will also describe how to recognize warning signs of suicidal behavior and how to prevent and intervene.
In the course of her presentation, Ms. Fowler will mention several resources — websites, hotlines, etc. These resources are listed below:
- Kansas Suicide Prevention HQ
- Website: https://ksphq.org. There is a chat link on this website. Go to the website and click “Get Help” then click the “Chat Now” link.
- Crisis Phone Line: 785-841-2345 — available 24/7 every day
- Crisis Text Line by texting KANSAS to 741 741
- National Suicide Prevention
- Website: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org. There is Chat link at the bottom of this page as well as several social media links (Facebook, Tumblr, etc.)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255 — available 24/7 every day.