As a young man in India, wanting to escape the rigors of medical school, Rajiv Parti fled to an ashram in the Himalayas. He told the head monk that he wanted to become a monk. The guru laughed and told him he was not ready. Parti was given a spiritual initiation and sent back home. He then went on to became a medical doctor and thirty years later and half a world away in Southern California, he fled his life once more, this time at the behest of a Being of Light, two angels, and a truly profound mystical exploration, catalyzed by a near death experience. Up until his NDE, material success was of utmost importance to him. Every few years he’d get a bigger house, bigger car, and bigger bank account. He routinely disregarded the stories his patients told him about their spiritual experiences during surgery until he, himself, experienced his own spiritual awakening in an NDE. He said that the person who woke up from surgery was not the same person who went to sleep. Hear his profound tale of traveling to the Hell realm, meeting his spirit guides, finding forgiveness, and melding with the light. This is a fascinating story of a spiritual transformation. (hosted by Justine Willis Toms)
Rajiv Parti, M.D. is a world-renowned specialist in pain management with over thirty years as a cardiac anesthesiologist. In addition to being Chief of Anesthesiology at Bakersfield Heart Hospital for more than a decade, Dr. Parti is founder of the Pain Management Institute of California. His study in complementary and alternative medicine has led him to formulate an integrative approach to total wellness, especially pain management, stress, and depression.
Rajiv is the author of:
- Dying to Wake Up: A Doctor’s Voyage into the Afterlife and the Wisdom He Brought Back (contributor Paul Perry) (Atria books 2016)
To learn more about the work of Dr. Rajiv Parti go to www.dyingtowakeup.com.
Topics Explored in This Dialogue
- How Dr. Parti’s primary focus on material success changed after his near death experience (NDE)
- How doctors contribute to the fading of memory of NDEs for patients
- Dr. Parti describes his NDE, which included traveling to India, experiencing past lives, and meeting his estranged father
- How he was shown the bad karma he was building up in his life
- How his father experienced and survived the slaughter of hundreds of Hindus as a teenager during India’s partition
- How he healed the vestiges of his past lives reverberating in his present life
- How he started a whole new life of service and speaking even when he had an extreme fear of public speaking
- How he conducted his “self-funeral” to solidify his dying to his old life and entering his new one
- How we can calm down our body pain without drugs