KKFI is currently recruiting for a Volunteer Coordinator. We have two full time and two half time employees, and a few hundred volunteers. We always have opportunities for volunteers, who want to help KKFI become more relevant for people in our service area not adequately served by other media.
KKFI Part -Time Volunteer Coordinator Job Description
KKFI’s part-time Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for volunteer recruitment, orientation, tracking, supervision, and recognition, as well as volunteer project organization. This role requires clear communication, both verbal and written; effective time management skills; a demonstrated willingness to learn and adapt; and the highest standards of behavior, detail orientation, and ability to collaborate. The part -time Volunteer Coordinator must believe in the mission and core values of KKFI, which can be found here.
Posted January 22nd, 2020. The position will remain open until filled.
Volunteer Coordinator Duties
• Recruit, screen, interview volunteers; assess experience, skills and limitations
• Coordinate bi-monthly volunteer recruitment/orientation sessions; develop a volunteer manual and other training tools as needed
• Orient volunteers to KKFI’s mission, history, and day to day operations; ensure that volunteers are given appropriate training
• Staff pledge drives, events, and administrative roles with volunteers
• Supervise volunteers; serve as liaison between volunteers and staff
• Plan and implement formal and informal volunteer recognition activities
• Maintain volunteer application archives and database (including interest area, time available, and skill categories); create and maintain a volunteer calendar
• Meet regularly with the Director of Development, Membership Committee, and Communication & Development Committee to review and assess volunteer needs
• Respond to inquiries, phone calls, and email in a timely manner
• Community outreach planning and activities
• Other duties as assigned
Required skills and experience
• Experience working with volunteers and/or organizing community activities
• Strong organizational skills including planning, coordination, and supervision
• Skilled at computer software including Microsoft Office products, Constant Contact and Salesforce CRM management.
• Superior one-on-one interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to foster confidence and trust, listen sensitively, and respond appropriately
• Ability to work with different personalities and competing priorities while managing a wide variety of tasks with a minimum of day-to-day supervision.
• Knowledge of and connections to diverse community and educational resources in the Kansas City area that can facilitate the development volunteer programs a plus
• Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends
This is a part time 20 hour a week position at $15.00 per hour, with flexible hours on and off site to be determined, including some evenings and weekends, particularly during events and pledge drives. The Volunteer Coordinator reports to the Board of Directors through the Personnel Committee.
To apply for this position
Email a cover letter, three current references and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Report
See this link for the EEO report.
KKFI has a commitment to support diversity and equal opportunity in its services, administration, employment, and activities. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.