Inspired (formerly Interfaith Voices) is the nation’s leading public radio show about faith, ethics and spirituality. Each week we offer you analyses of the big headlines alongside lesser-told stories – those of Orthodox Jewish artists and African-American atheists, Muslim feminists and spiritual seekers. Through these stories, a rough sketch of our country’s religious landscape begins to emerge. It’s a marketplace of beliefs and ideas too complex for sound bites, and too important to ignore.
That’s why Inspired matters.
We believe interfaith understanding is more than hollow jargon. It is integral to being informed and engaged citizens in the most religiously diverse country on earth. Polite society might try to avoid talking about religion and politics, but Inspired believes that we must talk about both – together.
We strive to:
- educate the public about the religious and ethical issues behind the news
- explore the mystery of spiritual experience
- invite guests and listeners from a wide diversity of traditions, including those with no religion
- promote dialogue, especially on contentious moral topics
- present many faith traditions and points of view – faithfully, clearly and compellingly
Inspired does not preach or proselytize, and is not affiliated with any religious organization. We are an independent public radio program.