The listener survey was launched in December 2022 in an effort to gather data about our listening audience. In addition to questions about programming, we included several questions about demographics and listening habits. The only required personal information are Name and ZIP Code.
The results include a list of the top ten favorite programs. Use the second link to view results for shows not listed on the top ten list. Also, please note that respondents were able to provide multiple answers when specifying their favorite programs.
Since KKFI does not subscribe to a ratings service, this survey is one of the few ways we have to measure our audience and their preferences. If you haven’t already, take the survey and be sure to mention it to your listeners:
K-K-F-I dot O-R-G slash survey
KKFI uses Skedda to schedule production studio time. It’s accessible with a web browser on computers and smartphones. Only registered users will be able to use the system. Once registered, users can reserve time in either of our studios or modify/cancel reservations.
As a result, KKFI no longer uses a paper calendar to reserve studio time. The new system makes our studios more accessible while providing increased flexibility in conducting daily operations.
We are looking forward to implementing this system and welcome your feedback. Register by using the link below.
- KKFI 2023 Programmers Policy & Operations Manual
- KKFI Indecency Policy Training and Certification
- KKFI Announcing Music Selections training materials
- KKFI Obscenity, Indecency and Profanity training materials
- KKFI Code of Conduct
- KKFI Incident Report
- KKFI Discipline Policy
- KKFI Animal Policy
- KKFI Quality Assurance Policy
- KKFI Whistleblower Policy
- KKFI Incident Report
- KKFI Grievance Form (updated 2019)
- DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act)
- Copyright Law for Noncommercial Radio Stations Guide
KKFI Website Information and Instructions
Pledge Drive Training
Elections and Political Campaigns
PAL (Studio On-Air Computer)
- Audio mixing console
- KKFI PAL Trainingyoutube.com/watch
- KKFI show log files – email to yourself
- KKFI show log files – save to USB drive
- KKFI.org – Create an Event w/ RSVP
- Podcast – Process to add new Community Podcast
- Learn How To Use Canva To Promote Your Show
- Using the 7-Second Delay Button
- Beginning Tutorial on Editing in Audacity
Program Evaluation Forms
KKFI Programmer Certification Forms
Additional Information and Instructions
- KKFI Radio Station License and Public File Location and Instructions
- EAS Instructions
- Station Transmitter and Program Traffic Logs Instructions
- Transmitter Tower Readings Instructions
- Transmitter Log Blank Form
- On-Air Studio Phone System Instructions (also refer to training video)
- Skype Interviews in KKFI Production Studio
- Guest Instructions Form on Website (This is the preferred reporting method)
- Guest Instructions – Downloadable PDF
- Indecency Quiz (Powerpoint)
- FCC Payola Rules Compliance
- Volunteer Hours Log
- PSA Procedure
- Spinitron Training Plan and Procedure
- DMCA and Multiple Plays By The Same Artist
- Instructions For Creating Monthly Observance PSA’s
- How To Download Your Show From the Media Logger
- Tascam CD Player 500B Settings Instructions
- KKFI Zoom Best Practices and Instructions
- What Makes Good Radio?
- Log your play list at Spinitron (Use this play list template to plan your show and track actual play time.)
- Interview/Community Issues Log form
- Preemption Application for Producing Special Programming
- Strategic Plan docs: 2013 Strategic Plan and Visioning Report
All programmers should be on the [email protected] email mailing list. Programmers may not send email to this list; it is only used by staff to communicate important information to all programmers. If you are not on the list, then please send an email to the current Chair of the Programming Committee at [email protected]
- The following genre-specific email mailing lists are available to all programmers. They are a way for programmers who play music of a given genre, or maybe are just interested in it, to communicate with each other.
- If there is any list that you are not subscribed to, but would like to subscribe, then please visit the Web address indicated.
- You will be asked to log in with a Google account. If you do not have a Google account, create one or email [email protected] for assistance.