Bird Ellington Fleming, is the Artistic Director and founder of the Traditional Music Society (TMS). TMS is a dynamic journey through music and dance from multiple world cultures.
TMS’ World Music and Dance Showcase Winter Concert takes place December 2nd and features special guest artists:
- Amado Espinoza, from Bolivia, who embodies a deep connection to Andean folk traditions.
- Kimberly Guanciale, dancer and cultural connoisseur who specializes in Greek, North African,Turkish and Momai belly dance styles.
- Middle East in Motion, an ensemble including:
- Mark Bently, specialist and music educator on guitar, ukulele, and mandolin.
- Tamara Carson, dancer, teacher and presenter of lamenco and Spanish culture.
- Nick Amir Baker, multifaceted artist and educator
- Allaudin Ottinger, drummer, student of Sufi
Traditional Music Society is a music and dance journey around the world, with cultural expressions from, Cuba, North and West Africa, Spain and Argentina
The Traditional Music Society is a not-for-profit arts in education organization dedicated to serving the Kansas City community through the exposure and teaching of music and dance from indigenous world cultures.
Bird Fleming is a professional percussionist, educator, and performer. He is well versed in many styles of ethnic percussion: West African, South American, and Caribbean. He has studied with Simbo Wushu, Dennis Lee, Bernard Wry, Agustin Romero Diza from Havana Cuba, Cheikh Gueye, Zak Diop, and Abdullah Camara from Senegal, West Africa; El Hajjii Abubakari Lunna-Wombie and Guideon Foli Alorwoyie from Ghana; Moacyr Machinni, and Marcus Santos of Brazil. He has also studied and performed with the internationally renowned percussionist Bill Summers.
Donna Morrow Wolfe: host, producer, engineer