Representative Brandon Ellington, a Democrat, represents part of Jackson County (District 22) in the Missouri House of Representatives. He was first elected to the House in a special election in November 2011.
Host and producer: Donna Morrow Wolfe Co-host, co-producer: Joseph Jackson
Representative Ellington serves on the following committees in Missouri State House Legislature:
- Special Committee on Urban Issues, Vice-Chairman
- Appropriations – Public Safety and Corrections
- Energy and the Environment
- Interim Committee on Missouri State High School Activities Association
- Joint Committee on Corrections
- Small Business
- Special Committee on Security Infrastructure of the Capitol Complex
- Ways and Means
Rep. Ellington is a 1999 graduate of Paseo High School in Kansas City. He also attended Penn Valley University and the University of Missouri-Kansas City.
Rep. Ellington is the co-founder of Voices of the People and serves as president of I Am My Brother’s Keeper. He also is a board member of Oak Park Neighborhood Association and a member of Consolidated Social Service Works, Operation Promise Land and G.Y.R.L.
Rep. Ellington, who lives in Kansas City, was born on November 18, 1980.