On our program for July 17th, first, host Bev Livingston will speak with James Echols, CEO at Renaissance Management & Training Solutions LLP in the Kansas City Metropolitan Area.
In addition to leading Renaissance Management & Training Solutions LLP, Jim currently serves as:
– Chair, Workforce Development Committee, Kansas City Kansas
Community College Downtown Advisory Council
– President, Future Leaders Outreach Network (FLON)
– Chair, Wyandotte County Boys and Girls Club
– First Vice-Chair, Wyandotte County Unified Government Advisory
Commission on Human Relations and Disability Issues
– Board Member, Future Leaders Outreach Network
– Board Member, Historic Northeast-Midtown Association
– Board Member, Reaching Out from Within (ROFW)
Bev and James Echols will speak about the common-sense approach to human relations as workplaces become more diverse. Renaissance Management and Training Solutions, LLP is a public relations firm that provides a myriad of services developed to enhance human relationships in the workplace. They specialize in human resource orientation, and training for managers and supervisors within the private sector, the public sector and school districts.
The primary focus is the alleviation of inter-cultural, gender, and racial conflict, thereby enhancing employee morale, reducing grievances, minimizing potential liability, and improving organizational productivity.
We will play our calendar at the midpoint of the hour.
Next, get ready, get set… it is time for Penny Mill! Host Melvin Merritt will be on to tell listeners what fun and good works will happen at Penny Mill 2023. His guests will be Mr. T.J. Hooker Taylor, Ms. Shawn Taylor, (no kin), and Ms. Niece of Niece’s Restaurant. Penny Mill’s upcoming Community Empowerment Event will be July 29th from 10 AM to 4:00 PM in Spring Valley Park, East 28th Street and Spring Valley Drive, Kansas City, MO.
On Jaws of Justice, we examine how to find justice in our society. Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are.
Calendar for the week of July 17th:
- Legal Aid of Western Missouri provides free civil legal services to low-income and vulnerable people in Jackson CTY Missouri. Interested individuals can call 816-474-6750 to apply.
- Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America is a very active group of Mothers and others. You can learn where their virtual meetings this week will occur at https://momsdemandaction.org/events/
- MON, July 17th 6 PM Meet & Greet: Wyandotte County Primary Candidates will be at KCK Library – South, 3106 Strong Ave, KCKS, hosted by the League of Women Voters – Johnson County KS Come visit with the primary candidates for the Unified Government Commissioners (Districts 2, 3, 4, and 6), Board of Public Utilities, and Register of Deeds. The event is co-sponsored by the League of Women Voters of Johnson County, Mainstream Civic Engagement, and Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., Upsilon Rho Omega Chapter.
- TUES, July 18th, 5 PM, More²’s NTOSAKE Meeting is virtual. More info at https://more2.org/calendar/
- WED, July 19th, 5 PM, More² Local Control Phone Bank is on Zoom, More info at https://more2.org/calendar/
- WED, July 19th, 6 PM, Understanding Kansas SB180 & the struggle against legal transphobia in Kansas will be in the Auditorium, Lawrence Public Library, 707 Vermont, Lawrence KS. This is a panel conversation discussing the recent and ongoing transphobic legislation in Kansas and beyond – how we fight it and more. This event is hybrid, in-person and virtual, with a Zoom registration link available. More info at https://lplks.org/
- THURS, July 20th, 10 AM, Empower Missouri’s Criminal Justice Coalition is a multi-sector team of dedicated advocates who envision a future without mass incarceration. They meet on Zoom, more info at https://empowermissouri.org/
- THURS, July 20th, 5 – 7 PM, Hope and Healing for Survivors of Homicide is a support group sponsored by KC Mothers in Charge at 3200 Wayne AVE, KCMO. Follow KC Mothers in Charge on social media for updates.
- SAT, July 22nd, 5 PM, #BeMoreLikeClaire’s 5th Annual Give Back Bash is at Maceli’s Banquet Hall, 1031 New Hampshire St, Lawrence KS. You can join #BeMoreLikeClaire for a night of fun and philanthropy! All proceeds from this years’ Bash will go toward an interpersonal violence prevention program, Claire’s Community. Tickets are available, see on Facebook.
- A list of services, meals, and hot lines specific to sheltering are available at https://lawrenceprogressivecalendar.blogspot.com/ It is updated daily.
- Stay safe. Thanks to all our listeners, stay close to your dial and stay well!