Imagine having front row seats to dramatic performances, watching bigger than life personalities and the rendering of decisions that change lives forever. After 30 years of listening, Connie Solomon will now be the one doing the talking. The Court Reporter speaks! We hope you can join us.
Calendar for the week of October 26th:
In compliance with Mayor Lucas’s emergency order, certain business activities may resume while ensuring necessary public health measures remain in place. See the FAQS at kcmo.gov.
- MON, 10/26 6 – 8 PM Corey’s Network Survivors Workshop – Session 4 Court. Corey’s Network asks us to please join their meeting to learn how to deal with grief, the media, investigation, court, and moving forward after a homicide has occurred. This is a workshop, not a grief group. They will candidly discuss how to survive and thrive after losing someone to homicide. This will be at the Church of the 4 Corners – The City House, 14300 E. US HWY 40 (40 HWY and Noland Rd) Kansas City, MO Social distance will be observed, so seating might will be limited. Send email to [email protected] if you plan to attend or if you would like access to attend virtually.
- MON, Oct. 26th, 4 PM, an online event to get to know the Willow Domestic Violence Center. See on Facebook.
- TUES, Oct. 27th, 7 – 8 PM, KC Sick & Tired Solidarity Action: Virtual Event hosted by Reale Justice Network and others. If you are sick and tired of of uncertainty because of massive job loss, the state-sanctioned police violence, and the harm caused by this administration, join the community group. Access info at https://www.mobilize.us/
- WED, Oct. 28th 7PM MiracleOfInnocence Virtual 2020 Gala Due to COVID-19, they will not host their annual fundraising gala in person, but invite everyone to join virtually. Keynote speaker is Jim McCloskey, Founder of Centurion, which has helped to free hundreds of innocent men and women.
For more information please contact Miracle of Innocence at 913-717-5080 ext. 103 or https://www.miracleofinnocence.org/
- THURS, Oct. 29th 6 – 9 PM 15th Annual Transformation Event: Building a Beloved Community live at Municipal Auditorium, with opportunity to participate virtually. Details at https://www.more2.org/event-2020/
- SUN, Nov 1st, 4 – 8 PM Unity & Healing Fest hosted by Reale Justice Network and others. 7601 Troost Ave, Kansas City, MO
- A list of services, meals, and hot lines are available at blogspot.com. That’s updated daily.
Please take care of yourselves and others. The Covid-19 pandemic has brought into sharp focus the need for health care reforms that promote universal access to affordable care. Thanks to all our listeners, stay close to your dial and stay well!
Please listen to Jaws of Justice next week!